Let’s face it: every entrepreneur isn’t the next Mark Zuckerberg and every new business isn’t Uber. But that doesn’t mean that they can’t be. Venture Forward is a collection of real-world stories from innovative founders of successful businesses gathered to show new entrepreneurs that they’re not alone in their endeavors and they’re not destined to fail (at least not forever). More so, the book uses examples from under-represented sectors of the business world including female entrepreneurs and those not engulfed in the Silicon Valley scene to show that anyone from any walk of life can be a successful business founder.
This isn’t the next “how to succeed in business” book. Instead, author Jason Kraus looks to instill hope and passion in gun-shy entrepreneurs, with a goal to help them further the business world with their innovative ideas. If you’ve hit a roadblock on the journey and are looking for some guidance, Venture Forward speaks directly to you.
Jason Kraus has been described as a "serial entrepreneur" by his friends and family ever since he opened his first business while still in college. He's always been intrigued by how companies got their start and how products that are now household names came to be. This led him to found startup consulting firm Prepare4VC, to cofound an alternative investment group Equity Venture Partners and to later join as a partner on a micro-VC, EQx Fund. To help others who share his passion, Jason is actively involved in Startup Grind and NextGen Summit, two notable startup communities developed to aid entrepreneurs in their endeavors.
His passion for business and the knowledge he's accrued has made Jason a sought-after authority by those interested in entrepreneurship and innovation. Over the years, he's been featured in Entrepreneur magazine, All Business Media, Boston Voyager, Radio entrepreneurs and more to share his expertise. His hope is to help new founders get a strong foothold in their industry and increase their chances of success. His book Venture Forward uses stories from well-known entrepreneurs to show these new founders that they can find success through their trials and failures.
- Bet on the Jockey: strong focus on proven leaders and management teams
- Focus on seed to series A technology and healthcare startups with high growth potential
- All three pillars must be exciting: the team, the product, and the deal. A $15M company needs to be 5X as exciting as a $3M company.
- Angel/VC and cash flowing Commercial Real Estate deals provide a strong portfolio mix
- Partners are key, I only invest through EQx Fund, Boston Harbor Angels and Equity Venture Partners
- I enjoy working with entrepreneurs who are truly looking for feedback and advice and who I know I can help
- I've worked with dozens of startups and a network of startup experts through Prepare 4 VC. If you are looking for outsourced support chances are our team or one of our trusted partners can help
- As a startup founder living your startup day to day, it is easy to assume your business plan is clear and covers all of the bases. A fresh perspective can help spot holes and opportunities for growth
- Learn from our speakers at Startup Grind Boston events
- Discover the startup stories I researched for my book Venture Forward
- Lessons from our mentors at the Prepare 4 VC Accelerator
- Join our discussion on the Venture Forward Podcast
I am the Boston Chapter Director for StartupGrind, a global Startup Networking organization with 600 chapters around the world reaching 2 Million Entrepreneurs. We host fireside chats or panels once a month around Boston and support the community in the wide range of Startup Events below (calendar provided by Greenhorn Connect)
Are you interested in learning more or engaging with one of my firms? Are their ways we can help each other out?
Use the calendar above or the contact button below and let's connect!
100 State Street, Floor 11 Boston, Massachusetts 02109, United States,